Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 6 of 12 Days of Christmat Great Reads and Great Authors - Becke Martin

I met Becke Martin at Bouchercon in Indianapolis in 2009. When we first met we talked and talked about books, publishing and the conference. We would probably still be talking if she hadn’t had a dinner date with an old friend of her family. We’ve kept in touch and met again at Magna Cum Murder in October. Becke was under the weather and you could tell because the spark that just oozes from her wasn’t there. It was back by Sunday and she is one person who warms a room just when she enters.

Becke has a unique way of making everyone feel welcome and wanted. That is part of the reason she has such a great group of followers on the Barnes and Noble Mystery Book Club and Gardening Book Club. She is the moderator and always finds the greatest photos to make everyone feel at home. She also is passionate about supporting mystery writers and their books. She has done so much to help me get my work out in front of people. I appreciate being a guest on the Book Club but have treasured her warm nature much more.

Becke is an author as well. She has a host of gardening books and should soon have a fiction book out. Check out her books at her website: http://www.beckemartin.com
Thank you Becke! You are one in a million!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Wendy! I'm blushing the way only a former redhead can blush!

    When we met, I was attending my first Bouchercon and even though I'm far from shy, it was wonderful to have a new friend to hang out with and to keep me company at the panel discussions.

    I still feel bad that I missed so much of Magna Cum Murder, but I'm glad you and Duffy Brown became friends while I was out for the count.

    I swear it was random luck that made you win the prize drawing on my website, just in case you were wondering. (And congratulations, by the way! I hope the package reached you safely.)

    It's my privilege to have met you, and I hope this is the beginning of a very long friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did get the package. Thank you so much. I've been looking at the recipes. Maybe next week when everyone is home for Christmas. It was so great at Bouchercon to have someone I knew. It is such as daunting place with so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a delightful interview, Becke and Wendy. A great combination with mystery and garden books...two of my interests too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy wrote,

    "Becke has a unique way of making everyone feel welcome and wanted. That is part of the reason she has such a great group of followers on the Barnes and Noble Mystery Book Club and Gardening Book Club. She is the moderator and always finds the greatest photos to make everyone feel at home."
    To which, I, as a member of the aforementioned Barnes and Noble Mystery Book Club, say,
    "Hear, hear!" Well done, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete