Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Getting Motivated, Please Help!

How come when you finish a big project you give yourself permission for a little down time and before you know it, you don’t know how to get started again. That’s how this past week has been for me. On Sunday, I sent A Case of the Accidental Intersection, my second book in the Mitch Malone Mystery Series to the publisher, Oak Tree Press. That was a huge relief and I did a major happy danced and beamed for the rest of the day. I also gave myself permission to not really do anything on Monday. Well, here it is Wednesday and I’m trying to get motivated and well, it just isn’t working.

The good news is that I had two really good guest blogs. One on Tuesday at Creatures and Crooks Books at (http://www.cncbooks.com/blog/2010/02/09/crime-reporter-mitch-malone-checks-in/ and another one today by fellow Oak Tree Press author F.M. aka Marilyn Meredith’s blog, Marilyn’s Musings. (http://marilynmeredith.blogspot.com/) Marilyn is in charge of getting the speakers for the Public Safety Writer’s Conference in June in sunny Las Vegas. She has some great ones lines up. Check out the line up at http://www.policewriter.com/ Conference/conference.htm . I went last year and it was great! I walked away with some great writing tips, great contacts and some really good friends. I highly recommend it. I’m looking for a cheap flight for this year.

Now I have those shameless plugs out of the way, I have to get back to my topic of getting back to work. I am truly wrung out though. I have no idea what I want to work on. Do you ever feel like that? So many things you want to do and no idea where to start? Tell me how you motivated yourself. I really need some ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment