Thursday, July 7, 2016

What's On Your To-Do List?



As I was trying to go to sleep last night I pondered the fact that it was going to be Thursday tomorrow and where had the week gone. It was a short week because of the Fourth of July. What had I accomplished?

As I started to beat myself up mentally about not getting anything off my to-do list, I had an epiphany of sorts. Why was I doing this? I may not have accomplished those necessary evils on my list, but I did have accomplishments. Yesterday was a great day. I had lunch with my daughter and she treated! I also played pickleball (not well) with my family and had exercise and fun at the same time. Those things are important, but we rarely celebrate them or put them on the list of things to be done.

As I laid there, I vowed, first to write about this, and second, to do more of the celebrating the things that matter. I’m not burning my to-do list, but it won’t be the top motivational factor.  Funny thing, after deciding that, sleep was easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment