I am proud to be an author in the Corner Café: A Tasty Collection of Short Stories. This was the brainchild of Dani Greer, owner and chief expert on BBT Cafe with the help of Helen Ginger and Bob Sanchez. Sherry Wachter at Magic Dog Press did the delicious cover.
This project is a study of book marketing 101 and while the results aren’t in yet, the experience has already been invaluable for me. The top 10 lessons I’ve learned are:
1. Always follow the rules. You don’t want to hold up a project because you didn’t listen or read.
2. Always listen to the teacher or boss. They are making the decisions and you need to do whatever they ask.
3. To be part of a group effort, you must put in the effort to do your part. (I have been lax in this area but hope to have a strong finish.)
4. Brainstorming through emails develops great ideas but can fill your inbox in a short period of time.
5. Book marketing is an evolving science and if you blink, you may miss the next great marketing idea.
6. You need to be a member of a tribe, pin daily, tweet, post to Facebook, Google Plus and other things I’ve never heard of but they do sell books. (At least a couple)
7. No matter how many times you look at the words someone can find a typo in it. (Thank you Dani and Helen for all those versions until we got to the final. I haven’t found any typos yet!)
8. Hootsuite can schedule posts to facebook and twitter. Who knew?
9. Screen shots of good things about your books and their rankings are great ways to preserve them for future use and to track results of book sales.
10. The final thing I’ve learned is that in the book business, you can never have enough contacts or friends to converse and commiserate with. They are a fantastic life line and I am thankful for each of my fellow authors and the others on the Blog Book Tours loop who give of themselves, their talent, and their time to promote others.
Please follow the other blogs in the tour.
June 13 Chris Verstraete http://candidcanine.blogspot.com
June 14 Helen Ginger http://straightfromhel.blogspot.com
June 15 Kathy Wheeler
June 18 Morgan Mandel Double M http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
June 19 Pat Bean http://patbean.wordpress.com
June 20 Shonell Bacon http://chicklitgurrl.blogspot.com
June 21 Alberta Ross http://albertaross.wordpress.com
June 22 Karen Casey Fitzjerrell http://karencaseyfitzjerrell.blogspot.com
June 25 Pat Stoltey http://patriciastoltey.blogspot.com
June 26 SB Lerner http://www.susanblerner.com
June 27 Maryann Miller http://its-not-all-gravy.blogspot.com/
June 28 Mary Montague Sikes http://marymontaguesikes.blogspot.com
June 29 Stephen Tremp http://breakthroughblogs.blogspot.com