W.S. Gager’s Top 10 List For Writing
1. Figure out who your audience is before you start writing
2. Always take your time to think about the words you use and if they fit your audience.
3. Make sure to start a sentence with a capital letter and end with a period.
4. Never start a sentence with “There”
5. Never use “u” for “you” and “r “for “are” unless you are texting.
6. When in doubt about spelling, use a dictionary.
7. Never send something in anger. Give yourself a cooling off period and then revisit it.
8. Just write the words down and fix it later.
9. Always give yourself time to put it away, and then reread with fresh eyes.
10. The more you write the better you will write!